Monday, January 3, 2011

Painting again

After going for a long while without doing one of the things I am most passionate about, I decided it was definitely time to start again. And so I started painting. These are all 8"x10" paintings.

This one started from an idea I used a few years back. I think I would call this style Impressionistic.
Then I did another one.
And another.

Later I decided to paint a cupcake like one I had done at the beginning of the year.
After all those paintings I decided to go back to the basics and do a still life of an apple on a plate. I'm learning that it's important to always work on my foundation in art. I really don't have a specific style that I stick to, and I hope that's okay. There are just so many different things I like to do, and they involve virtually limitless amounts of ideas.

Oh, and I have also started my own little art shop on Etsy! I have a few paintings for sale right now and some of the above paintings are included. No one has bought one yet and maybe they'll never sell! But it's okay, I will just keep on painting! :) Here's the link if you want to check it out. http://www.etsy.com/shop/artist88

4 comments:

  1. Holy Cow, these are beautiful! I didn't realize what an incredible artist you are. Maybe we need to commission something for our home...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kenzie, you are so amazing!! Why do i have such a talented cousin?! Ah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gosh, thanks you guys! I've got so much to learn still!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that cupcake.........you have a great talent, Kenz.

    ReplyDelete