Thursday, May 13, 2010

Delicious dinner and some gardening

Earlier this week I discovered something DELICIOUS. It's not exactly the healthiest thing but it is sure YUM. I actually got the idea from the movie Julie and Julia when Julie was making dinner for her husband near the beginning of the movie. I sliced some french bread, sizzled it on both sides in a pan with butter and then used diced tomato, Mozarella cheese, Italian dressing and some salt, pepper and dried basil to go on top. It was SO good we ate it again the next night.

Last night Taylor and I planted our first garden! When I say garden I mean two box plots here at the apartment community garden. We are a little late getting it started but we're hoping we still have some growing success. We planted corn, squash, some flowers and we will also be planting tomatoes. I'm also planning to grow some herbs indoors by a windowsill. Super excited!

5 comments:

  1. I've always been such a chicken to garden (and lacked the space). Maybe seeing you do it will give me some guts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Kenz. I'm so proud of you--where did you come from? Oh yes, heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that recipe idea. I've done that too--but I think I've decided my favorite cheese now is feta. You can use less because it has a stronger, saltier flavor, and it just crumbles so nicely over things like salads, etc. It's actually a pretty healthy recipe, I think. Maybe you could up it with olive oil instead of butter, and whole grain french bread. Then it would really be good for you. :)
    Diana--the only way to learn is to just dive in and do it! That's how I felt with my first garden--but it's really not hard. So fun and rewarding, and kids love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You discovered bruschetta! (Or a form of it). Yum-o. Just wait until you can add your fresh basil to the mix!

    You're so super cute, Kenz! Can't wait to see you in a couple weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Aunt Bethanie! Yes, good thing I just planted some fresh basil a couple of days ago! I can't wait to see you guys!

    ReplyDelete