Wednesday, May 26, 2010

New delicious discoveries

A week or so ago I got the idea for these yummy tomato and fried cheese crumpets I made up. What I did was take our basic pizza crust recipe, add fresh grated parmesean and dried basil to the dough and formed them into patties, brushed melted butter over them and stuck them in the oven for 12-15 minutes. While they baked I sliced up mozarella and stuck it on the grill until they were melted and golden brown. I put the mozarella on the baked crumpets, placed a slice of tomato on top with some salt and pepper and there you have it. Delicious! This next meal I would highly recommend to anyone who likes savory chicken breast. It's a chicken marinated in a mustard and lime mixture. For the marinade, juice a half a cup of lime and mix with a tablespoon of mustard. Then whisk in a tablespoon of olive oil. Then add two teaspoons of sugar and a dash of salt and pepper. Mix it all together and poar half of the marinade over two chicken breasts and set them in the refrigerator to marinade for a few hours of over night. When you're ready to bake, set the oven temp to 375, slice up bell peppers, preferrably red, yellow and orange and add them to the pan of raw chicken. Bake for about 40 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked. When it is done take it out of the oven, poar the rest of the marinade over the chicken and let it sit for 10 minutes.
I made it last night, and here was the final product.

Served with some brown rice, it was so amazing! If I had more chicken breasts I would make it again tonight.

2 comments: